Thursday, August 18, 2011

Josh Kish Phoenix Video+ Interview!



So my buddy Josh Kish just dropped his Phoenix Web Edit a few days ago and it got me super hyped! We all know Josh as an amazing park rider, winning tons of comps including one of the biggest in the world (SD4) but in this edit he does something a little different. He gets his STREEEEET on!!! So I hit him up on Facebook and asked him a few questions about the edit and a few things that are going on with Phoenix. Theres not much to say about the edit other than its stupid good and there is a good mix of park and street in it! So check it out after you read the interview!!



Young- So Josh your new Phoenix edit just dropped, how long you been workin on it?

Kish- I originally wanted it to be a full street edit, that was back when i finished filming my bustin cakes part, since december and i kept progressing in the streets so i kept on refilming and footy got stale real quick

Young- Not to be a dick but your a park rider, why would you want to film a full street edit?

Kish- After watching people like garret reynolds and dennis enarson, who orignally were park riders and relize that street riding is much harder to do. No spot is the same everything is always different and there always room to progress. One day i want people to be like remember when joshkish used to ride park? Some shit like that

Young- Hell yea dude thats a good way to look at things! Speaking of Garret I seen a spot thats in one of his video parts in your edit. Thats pretty cool! So were there any spots that you went to while you were filming and you just wanted to do a park trick like a flair or something along those lines, but you did something else more "street"?

Kish- Garret lives a town over from me so I tend to look for spot that are in his videos. Ive only gone to one spot with intent of doing a park trick on and that was the spot that I flair whipped that little halfpipe thing

Young- Thats so sick! That was one of the clips that just totally caught me off guard. like you just dropped in and a second later your doing a flair whip. haha That got me super hyped! Who are some of your favorite street riders to watch ride? Any new edits get you hyped to go out and film for your own video?

Kish- haha thanks brosidon, I watch alot of different video to get me pumped, right now its chris haffeys drip drop section, dennis enarsons last chance part and the lucky opus throwaway. alond with all the footage addict drops. Chris haffey is a fruit booter btw

Young- Yea i was like who the hell is that? haha but I do the same thing, alot of BMX and skate videos really get me hyped to go out and ride. There are just so few scooter videos that get me hyped to go out and ride street, besides Jackson Cali edit... That was just crazy. But anyways when your get a clip is it like alright were goin to film this trick on this day, or do you just go out and ride and bust the camera out if you feel like it?

Kish- I know people who do that, its cool to know what you want to do when you get to a spot, but I cant I have to ride and if I come up with something sick we bust out the mo fuckin cam.
Like Ive rode SOO many famous spots I mean really I live in between philly and NYC. I just like riding street and looking for street.
 
Young- Yea I feel ya there, but everybody is different about how they go about filming I guess. So overall are you happy with how it turned out?
 
Kish- Eh, I pulled an all nighter editing and stuff uploading new footy. There was alot of stale footage, shit quality, filmed bad, and I wanted an all street edit like i said before. But Phoenix is making a dvd and its time to focus on my section for that.
 
Young- DVD? Has that been announced yet?! I havent heard anything about that yet? When did you guys start thinking about a DVD?
 
Kish- Well Its been a thought for some time now. Right after the razor global domination tour stop in escoindido, Phoenix flew me out to oregon to start filming and we did a little endub tour with inward. Got hella footage. And we came up with a dope ass name for the dvd
 
Young- Thats legit! So do you guys know who all is going to have full parts yet?
 
Kish- Well i cant say fersure. Theres going to be some big changes in phoenix i can let you know that.
 
Young- Ohhhhh shit, well Phoenix is getting pretty big now so I can imagine that things are going to get bigger and better forsure! Well thanks for your time dude! Any shoutouts?
 
Kish- Shout out to cooper klaar for the only one who wanted to ride uptown seattle street on the tour!
And to my sponsors for giving me free shit and flying me all over
 
Young- haha Cooper Killzzzz it!!!! Thanks again man!!
 
 
 
Alright here is Josh's New Edit!!! Check itttt!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment